Phoenix Veterans Medical Malpractice Claims
For those who served our country in any branch of the US military, quality patient care from VA hospitals, clinics and health care providers is one of your most valuable benefits. However, these practitioners can be negligent in delivering treatment, causing serious injuries and other harm. Fortunately, you do have rights under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). It is possible to pursue the government for veteran medical malpractice and recover compensation for your losses, though the process can be complex.
If you or a loved one suffered harm through medical negligence, retaining skilled legal counsel should be a top priority. Bertling Law Group has extensive experience supporting veterans and active duty military in FTCA cases, so you can count on us to obtain the monetary damages you deserve. Please contact our firm to schedule a free consultation with a Phoenix veterans medical malpractice lawyer who will provide specifics. Some background information about the laws is also useful.
Things to Know About FTCA
VA medical malpractice claims are similar to personal injury cases in that there are certain elements you need to prove to quality for monetary damages. You must have evidence showing:
- You were injured by a VA employee, such as a physician, nurse, psychiatrist, pharmacist, or other provider;
- The VA employee was acting within his or her officials duties when providing care;
- The VA was negligent by providing care that failed to comply with proper medical standards; and
- Negligence by the VA employee was the direct cause of your injuries.
Mistakes can occur at almost any point of care, including:
- Medication errors;
- Negligent prenatal care and birth injuries;
- Mistakes before, during, and after surgery, possibly leading to infection and sepsis;
- Negligence in administering anesthesia;
- Misdiagnosis, including failure to diagnose and delays in diagnosis; and
- Failure to prevent suicide.
Seeking Compensation through a Veterans Medical Malpractice Claim
If you have sufficient proof of the above four essential elements of a VA claim, you may be entitled to recover for the costs of medical treatment, emotional anguish, pain and suffering, and other losses. However, there is a specific process described under FTCA. The Phoenix veterans medical malpractice lawyers at Bertling Law Group will help you navigate the steps:
- Gathering evidence of medical negligence by a VA employee;
- Preparing and filing documentation for your veterans medical malpractice claim;
- Discussing settlement with officials to resolve your matter out of court;
- Drafting essential documents for filing a VA medical malpractice case in federal court; and
- Handling all tasks related to litigation, including discovery, depositions, pretrial hearings, and a trial.
A Phoenix Veterans Medical Malpractice Attorney Will Advocate on Your Behalf
At Bertling Law Group, our firm’s core practice area is representing former and current members of the US military who suffer harm through medical negligence. We will fight to recover fair compensation for your losses, and we are ready to support you throughout the legal process. Please call 844-295-7558 or visit our website today to schedule a no-cost consultation with a skilled lawyer.