Olathe, KS Veterans Medical Malpractice Claims
As a veteran who served our nation’s military, you expect top quality medical services when seeking treatment from VA hospitals, clinics, and health care providers. While most medical professionals will meet the applicable standard of care, negligence can lead to serious harm for patients. If you were affected by veterans medical malpractice, you may have remedies under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA). By meeting all requirements involved with the legal process, you could qualify to recover compensation for your physical, financial, and emotional losses. However, FTCA claims for medical negligence are complicated and the process can be overwhelming. Instead of putting your rights at risk through errors, count on Bertling Law Group to tackle the essential tasks. Our firm’s core practice area is representing veterans and active duty military personnel, so we are ready for challenges. Please contact us to set up a no-cost consultation with an Olathe, KS veterans medical malpractice attorney who will provide details. You can also check out some important facts about FTCA claims.
Understanding FTCA Cases
In a successful claim under FTCA, it is possible to recover amounts for your medical bills, lost income, pain and suffering, and many other losses. However, you must be able to prove the elements for medical malpractice. You need evidence showing that a VA health care provider deviated from the applicable medical standard of care when offering treatment, and that this misconduct was the direct cause of your injuries. A VA facility, physician, nurse, pharmacist, surgeon, or other medical professional may be liable for:
- Failure to diagnose, delayed diagnosis, and other diagnostic errors;
- Neglect with prenatal care, labor, and/or delivery leading to birth injuries;
- Sepsis and health care acquired infection (HAI);
- Prescription and medication mistakes;
- Failing to take proper action when the provider knows or should know that a veteran is at risk of committing suicide; and
- Surgical errors.
Legal Assistance with VA Medical Malpractice Cases
Aside from what you need to prove for a claim, you must also follow the proper steps and meet the legal requirements of FTCA. Bertling Law Group will first file a claim and attempt to settle with the government, as is required by the rule on exhaustion of administrative remedies. We will take your case to court if the VA will not agree to a fair amount. Our Olathe, KS veterans medical malpractice attorney are prepared to:
- Gather evidence of your injuries, negligence, and losses;
- Meticulously calculate damages, since you are limited to what you allege in your initial claim;
- Prepare all VA medical negligence claims forms;
- Negotiate settlement;
- Draft the complaint for a VA medical malpractice lawsuit; and
- Advocate on your behalf in court during litigation.
Trust an Olathe, KS Veterans Medical Malpractice Lawyer to Guide You
For more information on how we support your needs with an FTCA claim, please contact Bertling Law Group. You can call 844-295-7558 or visit us online to schedule a free case assessment with a skilled attorney. After evaluating your situation, we can discuss strategies for pursuing your medical malpractice case.