Boise City, ID Veterans Medical Malpractice Claims
The vast majority of VA hospitals, clinics and health care providers deliver quality care to those who served in the US military, but veteran medical malpractice remains a concern. Through negligence and mistakes, you could suffer serious physical, financial, and emotional harm. It should come as a comfort to know that you have legal remedies under the Federal Tort Claims Act (FTCA), despite misconceptions about pursuing a claim against the government. You may qualify for compensation, though it can be difficult to know where to begin with the legal process.
You can rely on our attorneys at Bertling Law Group to tackle essential tasks and overcome challenges with FTCA claims. We focus on representing veterans and active duty military with these cases, so we have the knowledge and experience to protect your rights. Please contact our firm today to schedule a complimentary case review with a Boise City, ID veterans medical malpractice lawyer. Some background information may also be helpful.
Overview of FTCA
This statute aims to address negligence by the federal government, so there are certain elements you must establish for a veterans malpractice case:
- You must show that the VA employee was acting within the scope of his or her official duties in providing care;
- You need to prove that the VA employee was negligent in performing these duties;
- You must have evidence of the nature and severity of your injuries; and
- You need to show that the VA employee’s negligence was the direct cause of your injuries.
In veterans medical malpractice cases, negligence refers to the failure to deliver treatment in accordance with the relevant medical standard of care. You may have a claim if you were harmed because of:
- Medication mistakes;
- Negligent prenatal care and birth injuries;
- Surgical errors;
- Misdiagnosis and delays in diagnosis; or
- Failure to address preventable suicide.
Damages in a VA Malpractice Claim
If you have sufficient evidence to prove the four elements described above, you may recover medical costs, pain and suffering, and many other types of compensation. However, there are strict rules governing the FTCA claims process. Our Boise City, ID veterans medical malpractice lawyers at Bertling Law Group will assist with all required tasks. You can trust us to:
- Collect evidence regarding your injuries and negligence by the VA;
- Assess damages, since you are locked in for purposes of the compensation amount;
- Prepare documents for filing a veterans medical malpractice claim under FTCA;
- Discuss settlement of your VA medical malpractice claim, which is a required step for exhausting your administrative remedies;
- Prepare the complaint to initiate a lawsuit in federal court; and
- Represent you through the litigation process.
Consult with Our Boise City, ID Veterans Medical Malpractice Attorneys Today
This overview of FTCA claims is useful, but you can see how legal representation is critical for pursuing your remedies. To learn more about what to expect with the process, please contact Bertling Law Group. You can set up a free initial consultation by calling 844-295-7558 or going online. After hearing your story, we can advise you on next steps.